Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Basic Rice Pilaf

I  have never been a big rice person but I love rice pilaf. I like to make this all kinds of different ways. sometimes I'll add diced mushrooms or peppers to the vegetables or at the end I will add in chopped cashews and Parmesan cheese. You can also use chicken broth or stock in place of water and bullion cubes. It usually just depends on what I have in my house that day.

Basic Rice Pilaf

1 small onion,diced
2 carrots, small diced
2 stalks celery, small diced
2 cups white or brown rice
4 cups water
4 chicken bullion cubes
Salt & Pepper to taste
  1. Over medium - high heat, saute vegetables in butter until translucent.  
  2. Add rice and saute while mixing it in with the other vegetables. 
  3. Add water and bullion cubes. let it come to a boil then cover and turn temp. down to low
  4. let simmer for 15-20 min or until the liquid is absorbed. Uncover and fluff with a fork. 
Serve with Island Pork Tenderloin, Parmesan crusted chicken or eat it by itself. The sky is the limit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment